Underage Georgia DUI
Underage Driving Under the Influence cases in Georgia, GA
If you or a family member has been charged with a DUI and are under the legal drinking age in Georgia we can offer you help. There can be a lot of fear and embarrassment associated with underage drinking and driving charges for both the parents and their child.
Call Hendrick & Henry Law to find out the options you may have in your particular case. Our legal team has experience in defending underage DUI charges to keep your loved one from having a criminal record and spending the least amount of time incarcerated in a Georgia prison.
DUI Conviction when under 21 years of age carries the following penalties:
Blood alcohol level of 0.02 grams is standard for DUI in an offender who is under 21.
• Imprisonment not less than 10 days nor more than 12 months;
• Judge may suspend all but 24 hours of imprisonment
• Probation, 12 months less any time served in jail
• Fine not less than $300 nor more than $1,000
• Not less than 40 hours community service
• Attend and complete Drug and Alcohol Risk Reduction School; (DUI school)
• Revocation of drivers license, after 6 months following the effective date of the revocation and subject to the examination requirements for obtaining a drivers license the individual my apply for their drivers license. If the blood alcohol level was 0.08 or more the revocation is for 12 months. A second or subsequent DUI the revocation is for 12 months. Must have completed the Drug and Alcohol Risk Reduction School, and pay a reinstatement fee of $210 if reinstatement is applied for in person or $200.00 by mail.